February 2nd is the day when Punxsutawney Phil, a legendary Pennsylvanian groundhog, either sees his shadow (indicating six more weeks of winter) or does not see his shadow (signaling an early spring).
This holiday demonstrates our focus on the weather: we discuss it, forecast it, plan around it, lament it, and celebrate it. However, we could decide to direct our attention elsewhere.
Here are some alternative ways we may choose to mark Groundhog Day:
• Embrace all lived experience in gratitude.
• Try something new.
• Give extra love to animals everywhere.
• Recognize our own forecasting abilities.
• Check in with the psychic “weather” (the collective vibes we sense all around us).
• Plan a get-together with a friend, regardless of the road conditions.
Life is a choice. Happy Groundhog Day!
Written by Heidi Szycher, a staff member at the Boulder Psychic Institute. Check out her personal site at healings.biz.