Personal growth is a dialectical process of learning about ourselves in order to better understand others, and learning about others in order to better understand ourselves. This growth can occur physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually. The deeper we delve, the more acceptance we discover. The appeal of expanding our consciousness is simply the appeal of harmonizing with the vibrancy of life.
Life is diverse! People and human cultures have insights and teachings to share. Likewise, nonhuman animals and cultures have capacities and communities that broaden our views. Life on earth is creative in its generative expressions! As we explore the understandings of nonhuman animals, we step into realms of unnerving familiarity and enlightening difference. Necessarily, the epiphanies we see brighten not only our knowledge of the nonhumans, but also our knowledge of ourselves.
Animal communication allows the communicator to gain an expanded view of what is possible, develop a clearer context through which to perceive situations, and cultivate an appreciation of the various conditions of living. Grounding into ourselves as animals unleashes our full humanity.
Did you know:
- Norway knighted a penguin;
- Ants never sleep, and they don’t have lungs;
- Rats laugh when tickled;
- A tarantula spider can survive for more than two years without food;
- Dolphins have names for each other;
- Cows can sleep standing up, but they can only dream lying down;
- Dogs’ nose prints are as unique as human fingerprints and can be used to identify them; and
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
Join in the journey of increasing awareness by getting to know the richness and depth of the creatures with whom we share the planet!
Written by Heidi Szycher, a staff member at the Boulder Psychic Institute. Check out her personal site at healings.biz.